There are many different reasons why stress in the workplace can occur. The first step is to identify what actually causes workplace stress and then figure out what you can do about it.
Workplace anxiety can be triggered by many different elements:
– Having to deal with workplace bullying or conflicts
– Meeting deadlines
– Maintaining relationships with coworkers, social engagement
– Managing staff
– Working long hours
– Having a demanding boss, micro management
– Experiencing a workload that is overly high
– Having a lack of direction on tasks
– Experiencing a lack of fairness
– Feeling a lack of control over the work environment
Of course, everyone is different and that means that individual employees will find different situations less or stressful than others. Stress management in the workplace is about reducing common triggers and making life calmer and more harmonious for your employees during their time at work.
This post was written by Harkn (formerly Happiness Lab) who are an exhibitor on the HRTech247 Health & Wellbeing and Employee Engagement floors. You can visit their HRTech247 exhibition stand and find out more about their re-brand here.